A Message from the E2F (Equip 2 Flourish) Committee ~
“May the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen” ~ Hebrews 13:20-21
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty." ~ Zechariah 4:6
Let’s bring the following items before the Lord:
• That our Building Campaign would bring glory to God and be aligned with our school’s Vision Statement - “Equip all students to flourish spiritually, academically, emotionally, and socially to live a life of service for Christ.”
• Thanksgiving for all the Lord’s provisions for this campaign, and the work leading up to the campaign, over the last 5-6 years.
• Thanksgiving for a successful launch last fall, accompanied by considerable starting donations from our Board and Committee.
• Thanksgiving for the work of each committee member and the special contributions and talents that each person brings.
• Thanksgiving for our new Project Coordinator -Oksana.
• Lay before the Lord our goal ($4 million for the addition and renovations) and ask He bless our efforts and allow them to be successful, according to His will and purpose.
• Patience and perseverance through the hills and valleys of the campaign.
• For a good response from WCS's alumni - that they would consider giving generously.
• For several bigger donations from those with more financial resources.
• For members of the Committee, Board, and teachers to think creatively of contacts who could possibly donate to the campaign.
• Blessings on the RFP (Request For Proposal) work and that we would find a suitable architect.
• That the windows installation goes smoothly and in a timely manner.
• That the Lord will lead us to the right contractor.
• For wisdom in making the right decisions, and humility, when mistakes are made.
• For time and energy to devote to the campaign (given that most men and women on the E2F Committee are volunteers with families and full-time jobs).
• For the Lord to provide the right people and resources, when needed, at each stage of the campaign.
• For the Lord’s protection through all aspects of the campaign. ... See MoreSee Less
For many of us, the Victoria Day weekend is a time to start thinking about summer! And of course, there is the added bonus of a day off school!
Have you every wondered why we celebrate the birthday of Queen Victoria, who died nearly 115 years ago? Here is a brief history lesson for you to teach your child/ren!
Until 1956, the birthday of the current monarch (the king or queen of Great Britain) was also celebrated in Canada, sometimes on his/her own birthday and sometimes on Victoria Day.
Victoria was queen when Canada became its own country in 1867, and she was the one who chose Ottawa as our capital. After she died in 1901, the Canadian government declared that May 24 would be a holiday in her honour.
In 1957, Victoria Day was named the official birthday in Canada of Queen Elizabeth II. (In Great Britain, her birthday, which is actually April 21, is celebrated in June.) And ever since then, Victoria Day is officially held on the Monday right before May 25.